This page is a checklist for the week leading up to the canvass. If you are interested in hosting, you’re on the wrong page: you want this page.
Here are the things each canvass absolutely must have:
- One copy of the canvasser materials for every participant, plus a few extras. Your trainer should send you a copy of the most up-to-date copy.
- A few extra pens
- One copy of the trainer materials for every trainer
- At least 10 leave-behind business cards for every canvasser
- Food. The whole process takes 5 hours, so canvassers will either have to eat during training or (preferably) during the debrief. Frozen pizzas are a great option.
You and your trainer should figure out who is responsible for what. Generally, the host is responsible for the printed canvasser materials, pens, and frozen pizzas; the trainer is responsible for the printed trainer materials and the leave-behind business cards.
Here are some optional items:
- Extra clipboards (or folders)
- After party: have a destination in mind (a bar or restaurant) for people to meet up afterwards for fun.